Sue and Mo at Harris Beach

Sue and Mo at Harris Beach
Sue and Mo at Harris Beach

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Trying out Blogsy

With a new iPad and a big trip on the horizon, I thought it might be time to figure how to post from Blogsy, the app that is supposedly a reasonable way to replace LiveWriter when not using a compatible device. Gates and Jobs really hate talking the same language. So far I am not impressed, but neither am I all that impressed with my typing speed on this glass screen!

Ah well. Life does throw curves now and then. For my birthday on Saturday I had a great day, unaware that the twisted knee that I started with would morph into a torn meniscus making it nearly impossible for me to walk without crutches by the following Monday.

A much better surprise was the huge flock of young pelicans I saw on my way to town for a birthday breakfast. Or the gorgeous diamond hoop earrings my daughter brought to me on Sunday. Or the special pieces added to my heirloom dishes found by my other daughter on eBay and shipped my way.

Still, this way to post leaves a lot to be desired so for now this will have to suffice. Just practicing.

 

 

13 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday. Bummer about the knee though. Your post looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am able to read your post, so it must be working.

    Sorry to hear about your torn meniscus. My husband had surgery for his.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog looks great. Happy Birthday and hope your knee gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch!!!! Hope it feels better soon! That knee was a horrid reminder of aging. Where was the happy in that!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good job with the IPad!..I guess it will do in a pinch!..hope your knee is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday!
    I'm trying to get used to a tablet and typing a whole blog post on this thing just ain't gonna happen!!!
    Good luck with that knee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried Blogsy ... and a whole slew of others ... when I switched from PCs to Apple products ... was not impressed with them at all. They do a good enough job, I suppose, but don't have the flexibility to format things the way I want them formatted.

    You be careful with that knee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Sue. A torn Meniscus - that sounds painful, sure hope it won't require surgery.

    Typing on a glass screen requires a lot of practice and patience - neither of which I like much. Apple has a neat little remote keyboard that's supposed to work great and it's not very expensive either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for trying out new products that don't work. I have enough trouble using products that do work...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy my life is really mixed up. Somehow I totally missed this post and that you have hurt your knee and are on crutches. I'm SO sorry. This sounds terrible and right around your birthday too. Bummer. I hate typing on those screens. I hope I'm totally old and senile or long gone by the time I can't have a regular keyboard to type on. But as one who uses all ten fingers and really learned to type, I've become a relic.

    Wishing you a fast and easy recovery. The diamond earrings and heirloom dishes (which I LOVE) sound wonderful. But the knee not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been lost in cyberland and have missed your posts since I switched to Live Writer. So I've found you and now following you once more. Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear about the knee. They heal so slowly so be very careful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sue, I backtracked your blog to here, and started forward to the next post, to catch up with you and your trip. I've been negligent, and I apologize!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they add so much, but to avoid ridiculous amounts of spam, I will be moderating comments