Winter Sunshine

Winter Sunshine
Winter Sunshine in the Desert

Saturday, July 10, 2010

07-10-2010 Cruising to Victoria British Columbia

Writing on a sunny morning in January, 2021, the day before a new president is inaugurated.  For the past few days I have been working on rewriting some of the earlier blogposts for the year 2010.  In the process of making my annual hard copy books of the blog, I discovered many problems.  Photos are no longer located on Picasa, the formatting of many posts is awkward, with dots and spaces used as an attempt to force photos into their proper positions.  In addition, I discovered as I reviewed my writings about our Alaska Cruise that I simply stopped writing after on last day at sea.  I guess I just wore out.  Only the photo record, which is thankfully preserved on several backup devices, google photos, and my photo site on SmugMug let me know what was missing.  So I am attempting to write about our last two days on this lovely cruise, completed more than 10 years ago.  As is often the case, photos will remind me of what I have forgotten, and when the book is printed for my hard copy memories, I will remember the rest of the story.

We approached Victoria late in the day after cruising for two days through the Inside Passage of Alaska.  It was a beautiful cruise and a lovely two days on the ship as we relaxed.  Mo and I had traveled to Victoria by cruise ship several years prior in 2004, and with the short port time for this visit, felt no need to return to Butchart Gardens or to see any of the other possibilities available for excursions.

Instead we got off the ship and enjoyed walking around town viewing some of the beautiful buildings that grace the city . The sun was brilliant and lit up the local gardens with gorgeous color.

We took our time strolling the streets, peering into the wonderful and varied shop windows, and relaxing on park benches for lots pf people watching.

Based on the photos I have of our time in Victoria, I see no sign of us eating a meal in town.  The photos of the city at night are a good indication that we departed after dark and the lights were wonderful.

A beautiful city for our last day aboard the Sapphire Princess



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, they add so much, but to avoid ridiculous amounts of spam, I will be moderating comments