Sue and Mo at Harris Beach

Sue and Mo at Harris Beach
Sue and Mo at Harris Beach

Friday, January 18, 2019

01-18-2018 Testing Live Writer

Been hearing about a few problems with Live Writer later and thought maybe I would give it a go before I have a ton of writing and a ton of photos and can’t get it to upload.  So here goes the test.  With a photo or two and a comment or two, of course.

It doesn’t snow very often here in Grants Pass, but early in January we got a skiff.  Lasted only a few minutes and it was gone.  My kind of snow.  The rest of the time has been either foggy, cloudy, or raining except for moments of brilliant sunshine that appear now and then and make everything look all technicolor.  Especially the green grass of winter.

I spent many days piecing the Blooming Nine Patch quilt that has been in the back of my mind since I saw a similar one at the Sisters Quilt Show in 2013.  Been collecting all those bright Kaffe Fassett quilts ever since with this quilt in mind.  It is a daughter quilt, destine for my youngest child, a Leo through and through, full of sunshine and drama. 

I somehow envisioned a sunrise as I was developing the color flow in this quilt that has more than 900 stupid little blocks!  geez!

Daughter Deborah and I took a quiet Saturday to get our hair done together and then go out to lunch at the Twisted Cork in Grants Pass.  Mo and I had eaten there once before, so I knew what kind of a treat we were about to enjoy.  We decided on a wine flight to accompany our 3 appetizers, small cups of soup with artisan cheese bread, and the best dessert anywhere ever, their toffee bread pudding with caramel sauce.  Best lunch I ever had and it took us two hours at least to eat and enjoy each other’s company.  Great times like this make me so happy that she lives near enough to visit often.

Speaking of living near enough, we get to leave Sunset House for our upcoming trip because this same daughter has agreed to stay at the house while we are gone.  Such a relief to know someone will be around to take care of things.  Kudos to her partner for giving her up for the time she is here.

The days are getting close.  I feel like I am surrounded with bb’s in a funnel, everything heading toward departure day.  Coming up soon.  So far weather reports show the current storms lessening as we get closer to leaving, and the passes should be clear as we travel south.  Yippee.

Now let’s see if this baby posts!

1 comment:

  1. After having Live Writer not work for me on one of my catch-up posts, it has started working again ... go figure. I didn’t do anything different, so who knows what the problem was that one time. I got the 2018 road trip caught up ... yay! Probably one more post about out “exit plan” and then likely going on permanent hiatus in March. Now getting back to the missing posts for the RTW ... really behind on that one. Sure would be easier to write those posts if I could get my apple mouse to work on the windows partition again ... no idea what the problem is.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they add so much, but to avoid ridiculous amounts of spam, I will be moderating comments