Winter Sunshine

Winter Sunshine
Winter Sunshine in the Desert

Monday, November 26, 2012

"Rinse and Repeat" November 24

Even with the promise to myself to write every day, another sea day just slipped by me without a single word typed into my journal. Still, after another sunrise at sea, the rest of the day was basically a repeat of the previous one.

The sun came out a bit more and we actually managed some deck time reading in the afternoon. We ate, we did the treadmill, I met with the knitting ladies and before you could blink it was time for the evening entertainment.

We spent quite a bit of time on the verandah playing gin, and I even saw flying fish. The first cruise Mo and I took together was an inside cabin on Holland America. We moved to rooms with a window, but now I think we are spoiled. I would rather do fewer cruises than settle for a room without the pleasure of fresh air. Speaking of fresh air, Princess has now banned all smoking in the staterooms, even on your deck, so no more stale cigarette stuff drifting our way as we sit outside in the sun.

We ambled downstairs for the outlet sale, but the pickings were pretty thin. Who really needs one more satin evening purse, even if it is only ten bucks.

Princess is scheduling more performances so that if you miss a show, you can catch it later. The trade off, of course, is that the shows are fairly short, only 45 minutes at best. We skipped the first production show, but managed to see another one last night. Not spectacular, but entertaining at least.

Once again we returned to our late seating dinner in the Amalfi dinig room for a lovely dinner. We both had orange roughy in a red curry sauce, with fresh veggies and we finished our bottle of dry Riesling purchased on a previous night and saved for us by our waiter.

As I said, "Rinse and Repeat" . Nothing much new to report for this last sea day before we reach our first port in Hilo tomorrow morning. For the time being, I feel completely disconnected from anything resembling real life. I think we do so well in the stateroom because we are so used to the MoHo, which is considerably smaller.

Stay tuned for our port day on the big island of Hawaii.

 

3 comments:

  1. I like your description of feeling disconnected. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. even your 'repeat day' sounds heavenly! Nice to be so disconnected!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made the mistake of getting a veranda cabin on our first test cruise ... while we've had inside/window cabins, like you, we're spoiled and prefer a veranda cabin .... the bigger the better (the veranda; could care less about the size of the cabin size itself).

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they add so much, but to avoid ridiculous amounts of spam, I will be moderating comments