Winter Sunshine

Winter Sunshine
Winter Sunshine in the Desert

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blog families and loss

I don’t blog every day, but I usually try to read the blogs I follow.  My heart hurts for a fellow blogger and blog mentor and I just wanted to add my condolences to Al and Kelly for the loss of Checkers. Somehow it never seems OK that we last so long and our animals cannot be with us for the whole journey.  After all, parrots and elephants live as long as we do.  Not dogs.  Not kitties.  Our hearts break over and over, and we still keep loving and sharing our lives with them.  Big Sigh.  I’ll add my condolences on Al’s blog, along with the many other folks out there in blog world who have followed the Bayfield Bunch and Checkers across the desert southwest. Somehow just a comment didn’t seem enough. 

4 comments:

  1. What a nice tribute to Checkers and all our furry friends. I agree 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice of you to recognize Checkers in this way; I'm sure Al and Kelly will appreciate. Haven't looked at their blog for a couple of days; will have to go add my condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right about our animals. It sure doesn't seem fair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. life just isn't fair!..we love them when they are with us and miss them when they are gone far too quickly..or so it seems..
    we have been where Al and Kelly are now..it has been more than five years for us..but seems like only the other day sometimes..
    Rest in peace Checkers.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they add so much, but to avoid ridiculous amounts of spam, I will be moderating comments