Winter Sunshine

Winter Sunshine
Winter Sunshine in the Desert

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Home from the Caribbean

Blues Day 2 I have been home from the 2011 Legendary Blues Cruise on the Holland America Eurodam to the Eastern Caribbean for a few days now.  My land legs have finally returned, and the ground is no longer rocking and rolling.  My daughter and I wore wrist bands on the ship and never got sea sick, but the swaying earth didn’t subside for several days after we landed.  This wasn’t your ordinary cruise, and that photo of my feet propped up on the verandah was carefully posed.  The cruise was all about the Blues, with only three days in port and the rest of the time filled with music, parties of all sorts, including Mardis Gras costume night and a wig party.  The bands played till the wee hours of the morning, and then got together on deck after the formal performances to jam until daylight.  It was an experience, to say the least. 

I haven’t yet really settled in, since I went back to work immediately upon my return.  I have 294 blog posts in my google reader list, and something tells me I might never actually catch up on all that everyone is doing.  Eventually I will post the stories and photos of our days on the water, but that might take a bit of time to sort out.  Usually when I am on a trip I have the time to blog, but on this one with my daughter, I barely touched the computer the entire time.  I have finally labeled and uploaded my photos, and with the daily activity sheets from the ship I should manage to recreate what happened from the amazing blur of activity.  I really do owe some good cruise stories to E squared and Mui who kept me so entertained with their recent cruise blog posts.

Mo and I are planning to leave on Saturday morning and pick up the MoHo for another trip to the California coast with our kayaks, and I am looking forward to some warm temperatures and relaxation!  In the mean time, I just thought it would be nice to pop up in the blog world and say, “hey, I’m baaaaaack.”

8 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks so nice and warm!!! Can't wait for the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful trip, can't wait for the stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now, I think California has the only warm places around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to Blog Land. It's been pretty quiet here & most of us have sorta been behaving ourselves. It's just the weather that has been bad while you were away:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see you back blogging - you were missed! Can't wait to hear more about your Caribbean cruise and to see some of what I bet are fantastic photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back; and yes, you do owe us some good cruise posts. I know exactly what happens when you're having so much fun and the days are so full that you can't at least get a few words down for the blog. Have been there myself, so I'll be patient :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to have you back and glad you had a good time with your daughter. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. jealousjealousjealousjealous

    i guess you've gotten the message by now...

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they add so much, but to avoid ridiculous amounts of spam, I will be moderating comments