Sue and Mo at Harris Beach

Sue and Mo at Harris Beach
Sue and Mo at Harris Beach

Monday, November 29, 2010

11-29-2010 Soup on a Monday Night

The last few days have been mostly about snow.  I got tired of putting up photos of snow and more snow, so decided to take a break from it.  The photos, that is, not the snow.  We got more than a foot again on Saturday night and spent almost 3 hours Sunday morning shoveling, plowing, and running the snow blower.  I still managed to put up some Christmas lights on the big front porch, and take down a few Christmas things to make home all bright and cozy.  I’ll be leaving on the 9th, and with the exception of the short space of time between my flight’s arrival at midnight in Medford, and our departure the next morning by 7 or so for Southern California, I won’t be home until after Christmas.  I’m thinking I need to find a small little something to take with us in the MoHo.  When we traveled during December in 2007 we had a nice wreath on the grille.  Guess I can do that again, at least.

Today I went to work, but I must say, the sweet commute was anything but sweet this morning.  The temperatures haven’t been above freezing for many days now and the road was icy and treacherous.  In town it was just plain cold.  Klamath Falls is in a basin, and the fog  sometimes lies in thick during the winter.  It’s ugly.  My least favorite weather is cold, icy, gray fog, with steely, leaden skies.  Ick.  When I got home tonight I cooked up some great soup, a bit of a break from all the Thanksgiving leftovers.  It made a nice supper for us while Mo watched the 49’rs do their thing and I escaped to the computer room to write and play with photos.

Zuppa Toscana Soup is one of my favorites.  I think there are several recipes out there attempting to copy the famous Olive Garden soup, but my friend Maryruth of course, found the best one.  I wonder if all that fresh kale offsets the Italian sausage, bacon, and cream.  Hmmmm.  Maybe I should get shoveling again.

After Rick showed us how to put a video in our blogs, I thought I would share this clip of Abby running through the pathways made by the snow blower.  I couldn’t seem to get the clip under 15 seconds, however, per Rick’s suggestion, but 44 seconds  is a lot better than the 3 minutes of video that I started with.  Just like Rick’s dog Rylie, Abby gets all excited about playing in the snow.  She loves it when she thinks we are heading out for a walk.  She also loves the paths, and thinks they are made just for her.  Sometimes an occasional neighbor dog will come down to try the paths out as well, much easier doing your business on a nice path than in the deep snow, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, they add so much, but to avoid ridiculous amounts of spam, I will be moderating comments