Sue and Mo at Harris Beach

Sue and Mo at Harris Beach
Sue and Mo at Harris Beach

Saturday, October 23, 2010

10-23-2010 Colorful Fall Saturday in Rocky Point

The rains are coming, with forecasts for high winds tonight, and it was a dark day at Rocky Point.  I have had an absolutely fabulous day doing absolutely nothing.  Well, almost nothing.  I made a killer good navy bean soup. I also managed to download and read Rick’s blogging tips file, and have been buried in Picasa most of the day tagging photos and organizing.  It’s easy to get sidetracked when doing this, especially when I find old scans of my children from the 60’s. 

Welcome to the Bayfield Bunch, it’s nice to be followed!  Thank you, although the blogging responsibility is starting to feel a bit bigger. I still really don’t plan to blog daily, but do hope to pay more attention to participating in this great community instead of just lurking around reading everything. After seeing all the photos of Al’s yard, I was inspired. Once or twice the sun tried to peak through the clouds and I ran outside to get some photos of the leaves turning before the winds blow them all away tonight.  Of course, I had to try out the Picasa collage tool.  I used this in the past, but had completely forgotten about it.  I also had a ton of fun erasing telephone lines from some of my photos with the retouch tool.  I can’t believe I never even saw that one before, since I used to use Photoshop a lot.  I had no idea it was the same thing.

This morning we also had great fun planning a possible route for our California coastal trip commencing on November 1st.  We are using the CampClub USA card and trying to find parks that will accept the discount.  It’s not a small task with so many restrictions, especially on weekends and months other than January.  Also, it seems that many of the campgrounds in the California state parks are closed after October. Somehow our trip is now scheduled with reservations and plans.  I don’t know quite how that one happens, since I keep thinking we can just wander off and land where we land.  But of course, that could put us in an unfriendly Wal-Mart with parking lot cops knocking on our doors in the middle of the night, so we opted for plans. While planning, I got lost in Google Earth, cruising around the estuaries on the coast.  Our new Canadian made Swift kayaks should be here any day now, and we are excited about trying them out on the upcoming trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, they add so much, but to avoid ridiculous amounts of spam, I will be moderating comments