Winter Sunshine

Winter Sunshine
Winter Sunshine in the Desert

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Add me to the list as well

I am here, reading when I can, but haven't been able to comment, either with my XP machine or my new Windows7 machine. It's cold and rainy in Rocky Point, I am working at home and gardening in between rain storms. Nothing much going on at the moment, but it's been awhile, and since I can't comment, thought maybe I should just drop a line. Haven't heard from Russ and Donna K lately either, so hoping all is ok there.

My son and his extended family living in Joplin are all OK, but it has been a terrifying week for him. For a long time we were only able to communicate via text message, but isn't that amazing? No phones work, but he got a message to me saying he was alive and his step daughter was in the WalMart (where she works) but alive. They put 8 women in the women's bathroom and they all lived. They had 11 men go to the men's bathroom, and it was obliterated and the men have not yet been found. He says the devastation is far worse than you can imagine. I know that many of us have been in this part of the country traveling in May, so I am counting blessings and praying for those not spared.

A bit later now, I have discovered if link to a blog from my followed list on my own blog, after I have logged in to blogger in draft, then I seem to be able to comment, at least more often than not. Who knows what that is about, but thought I would mention it.

11 comments:

  1. Haven't had much time to read my favorite blogs lately. Donna has been sick, and I've been "nursing". She is back to normal now, except for her energy level, which will take some time to get back. We did take a one day trip over to the coast on Tuesday to enjoy some sunshine before the next storm system moves in. Still holding out for more sunshine! Will send any excess down your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to "tools" on your browser. I use IE so can tell you from there - don't know about other browsers but they all have something similar. From tools choose "delete browsing history" then check "temporary internet files" and "cookies". You can also delete history for good measure but not sure it is necessary. Make sure the first box "Preserve favorite website data" is UNchecked. This should clear your cache and get you back to normal. You will loose any saved passwords and will have to re-sign in to any saved sites. You may still need to sign out and back in to Blogger but this should sign you out of everything. I had the same problem and this fixed it. You can probably sign in with a different browser that you do not normally use if you don't want to do the fix right away but it only takes a minute. Good luck. Guess Russ caught you up on all the news...I have a couple of new blogs up - finally felt like writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your son, and especially his step-daughter, are just lucky to be alive. What a terrible ordeal. The pictures I saw of Joplin reminded me of pictures of Hiroshima after the Atomic bomb. Pretty horrific. Glad to hear your family is o.k.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have been so frustrated b Blogger not letting me sign in for anything. Then I read Rick's post yesterday and followed his instructions to get rid of cached stuff. Hurray. I'm back in business.

    The helpful post is here.

    http://rickpaulettervjournal.blogspot.com/2011/05/inside-day-and-apple-computer-fesses-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear that your family is okay!..the devastation in Joplin is mind boggling!..take care of yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear all's well with the family ... the devastation of these spring storms is unbelieveable. I tried Rick's suggestion yesterday, but I still have problems ... sometimes I can comment, sometimes not ... no problems from my Mac. I guess I'll try clearing my cache again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rick and Donna's suggestions also worked for me for one day, then today it was back again. I know it is somehow related to comments, but don't know exactly what is going on. Glad your family came through the storm ok. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad your family is okay. The pictures of Joplin heart breaking. I guess I won't complain about the rain here any more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO GLAD to hear that your kids are all right. Having been in a mudslide with multiple deaths, I can only begin to imagine the stress and horror they are living through. Make sure to let them know they are not forgotten by all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's amazing. The people who lived will need therapy, I mean, even more than the rest of us need it. I'm glad for you that all your loved ones escaped.

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they add so much, but to avoid ridiculous amounts of spam, I will be moderating comments